A footwear breakthrough in fit, function and interchange. One of our most extensive R&D undertakings ever has translated into a superior boot platform in every respect.
- Adapts to the shape of the foot and lower leg. An unfiltered line of communication between rider and board.
- Secures the foot from the bottom up allowing a more uniform fit and flex in the upper, also adapting to a wider range of widths.
- Instant energy transfer from the laces into the board inserts, reduces rider fatigue and energy loss.
- More accurate lasting than traditional boot forming methods. Precision fit by robots.
- Accentuated heel pocket curvature built in to improve heel lock and expand around the rider’s foot/leg shape.
- Centers foot over the top of the baseplate. Solid medial/lateral lower foot support for those big landings.
- Limits distortion in the upper and breakdown over time.
- Eliminates much of the stitching and lamination processes needed for traditional boot construction.
- 3 times more adjustable fore/aft.
- Die cast parts ensure a solid connection between the boot assembly and the bolts in the board.
- Plate is allowed to be much more rigid because no stitching is required, which enables us to inject much harder/stiffer material. Deflection of plate is reduced 60% over traditional boots in the heel/toe direction.
- More lateral flex across the base, allowing the board to flex naturally across the foot from side to side.
- Performance and colorway can be modified.
- 13% more baseless footbed surface than our original design. More foam surface, more contact, more feel.
MAG LOCK BEAMS
- New Automotive grade magnesium cast to an exacting specification. Cuts the weight of our aluminum parts by a third.
- Easier assembly from tightly toleranced parts.
- Create more heel and toe response with the “U” shaped structure running parallel to the foot.
- As load increases on the upper, these beams promote more interlock between the skeleton and baseplate.
- Cambered shape adds pressure to the heel and toe areas, which preloads the plate as it is mounted to the board, ultimately reducing plate flex.
- Dampens vibration under foot.
PURE HEAT FORMED GOODNESS
THE PERFECT LAST
BUILT TO A HIGHER STANDARD
When you try a Ronix boot on, you will be able to feel the countless hours we have spent in search of the perfect fit. The result is a product that is insanely comfortable and offers the most direct connection to your board possible, so that you can focus on your ride and not on your feet. Just try them on – that’s all we ask. Featuring the only true heat formed molded liners.
We have perfected this process through our boot building lineage to ensure the best fitting boots on the water. Our low profile and compact lasts eliminate excess material and deliver optimal energy transfer between board and boot.
Our first unique lasting process is molding the liner around a last designed to the shape of an actual foot and leg. This step ensures the inside of the liner will have a great fit right out of the box. These are formed inside an actual shell to create the perfect net fit between liner and boot.
The second part of our lasting process is molding the inside of the shell. This creates a liner to shell coupling that eliminates any “dead space” or “hot spots”. After the second lasting, the previously molded liners are inserted into the shell and the boots are ready to ride.
The most intelligent custom liners in the world come coupled with our boots. Our “+” formula was developed with Intuition to offer our renowned custom fit with more cush and less pack out.
Lightweight, preformed, heat moldable Intuition liners just fit better right out of the box and custom form unlike any other type of supposed “moldable” boots out there. Ronix exclusive Intuition wake liners have set the standard for performance driven, comfort footwear. A few minutes on the cooker at your local shop customizes a pair of boots to the exact shape of your foot for a lifetime. Intuition foam can also be re-heated and molded more than once without damaging the structural integrity or quality.
Half sizes can be accommodated with our custom fit process. The properties of Intuition foam allow the liner to expand and contract to the shape of your foot, allowing any pressure points or dead spots to be eliminated. The characteristics of this foam will accommodate any type of fit that you choose. A rider with a larger foot in a smaller boot will pack the foam to be thinner, yet more responsive. Likewise, a smaller foot in a bigger boot will allow the foam to expand more and create a softer, more forgiving boot.
EXCLUSIVE SUPERIOR STRUCTURE
Building outward from our Perfect Last, the lining compounds we use are a critical component for a boot to maximize comfort, control, and durability. This material is your foot’s point of contact with your setup. We could settle for a cheaper alternative, but when you try a Ronix boot on you’ll know. Here’s the difference…
RONIX INTUITION FOAM
Genuine Intuition foam begins with only the highest quality raw materials. Stringent procedural controls are followed during manufacturing to ensure a consistently superior foam. The unique processing techniques employed produce a foam that has an unusually fine cell structure, which is very uniform throughout. As a result, tear strength, thermoforming properties of heat moldable foam (Intuition+ liners), and the pack out resistance (Intuition+, Stage 1, 2 and 3 liners) are dramatically improved versus traditional foam. There are no fillers added to these foams so we can maintain the utmost quality.
A traditional EVA would normally have considerable variation in cell size. The disadvantage to this is that the large cells act like an overblown balloon, which weaken cell walls. This type of microstructure leads to collapsing or packing out. Additionally, many commonly used foams have fillers in them (represented by the red dots), which contribute to a weak foam. Cellular structure of this kind cannot create a good moldable liner due to the fact that the different cell sizes will create inconsistency in thermal expansion therefore making fitting unpredictable. Don’t be fooled by other’s claims of heat moldability and comfort. There is no substitute for the fit and function of our boots, starting with the superior materials that we use.
RONIX CUSTOM FOOTWEAR
THE ORIGINAL CUSTOM FIT BOOT
The original double lasted custom moldable construction wrapped in our Brainframe hardware, delivers a fit like no other. Resetting the bar again as the most comfortable boots out there. With localized support and a customizable interchange these boots can be tailored to your preferred riding style.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
YOUR GLOSARY OF TERMS SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT
Our lightest, most low profile shell material employs a thin layer of film laminated to a high tensile, lightweight textile to achieve a fit only found in this minimalist approach.
Our groundbreaking hardware platform delivers instant response and redefines high end boot fit.
The pinnacle of custom fit boots. A level of fit and control only found in a Ronix boot.
Built on our Perfect Lasts, this is the basis for our unbelievable fit. This process has been constantly refined over the years to guarantee the best fitting boots on the water.
Pulls your foot back into the pocket. Please fasten your feetbelts and enjoy the ride. Offers the ultimate heel hold.
Full length impact resistance, so your legs don’t get punished for charging hard.
DOUBLE STUFF FOOTBED
Hard on the outside, soft on the inside, an underfoot combination rivaling milk and cookies. The double stuff footbed allows your foot to naturally cant inward without dictating a specific cant angle.
This armor plated fabric is the most abrasion resistant material we have ever tested. Applied on the tongue to prevent the laces from cutting and wear.
Time tested, rider approved. Our original low profile design delivers superior board control on an ultra-lightweight foundation – often imitated never duplicated.
QUICK SNAP LACE HANDLES
New for this season, these parts offer an easy and solid tether to the boot. Easily interchangeable parts for service.
MAG LOCK BEAMS
Magnesium’s amazing strength to weight ratio allows us to cut the parts’ weight by 30%. Brainframe models have never been so light.
We eliminated the use of PVC solvents which are potentially hazardous to the surroundings and human health. Instead, we use more costly, higher quality materials that are more sustainable and easier on the environment.
RAD FOAM / TOTALLY RAD
Molded in under your feet to stand up to those big landings. The shock dampening is sooooo rad.